Bluetooth Headsets



I walked into a store one time and there was only one other person within earshot of me. I happened to glance in this woman's direction and noticed that she was wildly talking to herself. I chuckled to myself because let's be honest, catching someone talking to themselves is quite amusing. A few minutes later, I was still eavesdropping on her one way conversation when I realized she was wearing one of those stupid Bluetooth headsets and she was talking on the phone. This made me angry for numerous different reasons, but mostly because she depleted the joy I had gotten by thinking I spotted a Schizophrenic.

Why is it that people feel the need to wear these things? Where I come from, having a metal/plastic thing coming out of your ear is an indication of a physical disability called being deaf. What confuses me even more is that it's not the 'important' business types I see wearing them. Most often, it's the lazy, rich housewives talking lazy, rich housewife gossip to other lazy, rich housewives. How about when you call someone and you can tell they are wearing that stupid headset and you know damn well that they are at home doing nothing. I feel like if you want to be permanently connected to something useful, strap a toilet to your ass, too. You'll look just as foolish and you won't have to try and hide the fact that you're talking on the phone while doing your business.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the "toilet"?

hmmm..


not a bad idea..

especially with so many people talking out their ass :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Bluetooth Blog. I'm going to forward the site link to some people who need to read this...

Very entertaining, thanks!

J.